Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Thanks A Melon

Good morning!! I have a simple thank you card I created for a neighbor. She was so generous to pick my son and I up from the airport so we didn't have to wait 5 hours for my husband. I really appreciated it!



This adorable puppy and watermelon, are cut files from KaDoodle Bug Design's called Picnic Pups by Trina Clark.




I stamped the outside of the watermelon with Market Street Stamp's Here Comes the Sun background stamp. Unfortunately, this stamp is no longer available. The owner is closing down the business and moving onto a new adventure. I wish her the best of luck!! :) You can still find some of her stamps left at half off at Market Street Stamps.com.

The next layer I just added faux stitching.

For the watermelon seeds, I added glossy accents and white gel pen accents.

I finished it off by using a Fiskar's Scallop Punch to make it look like he took a bite out of it.


This adorable puppy face comes from PK-442 Happy-Go-Lucky Dog Face Assortment. I had to use the largest face from the assortment and that one had a bone in it's mouth. So I just carefully didn't put ink on the bone part. I then filled in some teeth on the bottom.

I stamped and paper pieced the eyes. I colored them in with a Hazelnut Copic Marker. I finished by adding glossy accents on top of them.

On his mouth, I added white gel pen accents and added chalk ink to his cheeks. I then also put glossy accents on the nose.

I'm mean really, how cute is that face?!! I just love this assortment.


PK-442 Happy-go-lucky Dog Face Assortment

The card base with circle was cut using my Cricut and Wild Card cartridge at 5.5". I once again added white gel pen faux stitching. 

The pattern paper I inked on the side with Colorbox green ink. The paper is from the Paper Studio.

The sentiment comes from PK-Fruit 164 Sentiments 2

PK-164 Fruit Sentiments Two

That's my card!!

Thanks for stopping by and happy creating!!

~Hugs~

Emily


2 comments: