Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Bewitching Pumpkin

Happy Hump Day!! Today, I have a Halloween Decor' item to share with you!! I had so much fun putting this pumpkin witch together with my Peachy Keen Stamps


I found this green pumpkin at Wally World and I thought of making it into a witch right of the bat (no Halloween pun intended). Then I thought that the 4" The Moodies Face Parts would make the perfect witch face! In fact, I think they made a great witch face. My son told me that without the tooth, it looked a lot like the Grinch and we should put it out for Christmas as well. I had to chuckle at that one but I don't think I will be using it as Christmas decor'.


I'm not so hot with a paint brush, so I individually paper pieced each one. I used Copics, Chalk Ink, and a black pen to make the pieces come to life. I then adhered each one with a fast drying adhesive.


I wanted to make a paper witch hat for her but didn't have a clue where to start. I found a great svg from the Silhouette Store but I don't own one of those. So I went searching for a Cricut one. I came across the gr8scraps blog and she has a great tutorial on how to make one. Please go check her pumpkin out! I made the base of the hat a bit bigger. It came out to be 10 1/2 inches and the cone was 11 1/4 inches. All cut out using the Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge.


I used the Autumn Quart Jar Accessories:Skulls on 1" circles to fill in the scallop holes. I used black deco mesh with a jewel, green braided raffia, and feathers to decorate the hat. I finished it off by added green and purple stickles to dress it up a bit more. Even though she may look mean, she still likes to be stylish. 

I hope you've enjoyed my bewitching pumpkin!! I just love how Peachy Keen Stamps can help you create just about anything!! I hope you all have a great upcoming Peachy Keen Halloween!!


Happy Creating!! 

5 comments:

  1. Emily, this is fantastic!! I love that you used a PKS face on your green pumpkin!! It's perfect! ~Hugs, Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is fabulous! I love, love the PK face, and the hat you made turned out terrific, I love that flower!! Super, super project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pumpkin. The face is scary. haha. Thanks for playing along with FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a cute, I mean scary witch. The hat is great. Love the face. Thanks for linking up to our challenge at FCCb. Kim

    ReplyDelete