Saturday, March 1, 2014

Curtain Call Challenge

Hi, today the design team from Peachy Keen Stamps has been asked to join in on the fun and create projects for the Curtain Call Challenge based on the following picture.



So here is what I came up with:


For the little bird and the sentiment, I used PKS: Happy Bird and Phrases. I stamped and paper pieced the main body of the little bird. I cut out the legs using the Cottage Cutz Happy Bird Die. I outlined the bird with a Copic marker and a white gel pen. Then I chalked his cheeks with Pebbles chalk ink

I stamped the sentiment on a die cut from My Creative Time. The doily, banner, leaves, and the 4x4 square are also from MCT. 



I cut the flower out using a Spellbinders die. I inked the edges with Heidi Swapp Coral ink. Then I added some Glossy Accents to the petal tips and then added some clear glitter. It is hard to see but I added a large white pearl to the center of the flower.

All products used:

Cottage Cutz Happy Bird Die
My Creative Time: Stitched Doily
My Creative Time: Vintage Stitched Label Die
My Creative Time: 4x4 Journal and More Die
My Creative Time: Stitched Leaves
Spellbinders Flower Die
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Heidi Swapp Coral Ink
Glossy Accents
Clear Glitter
Recollections: Large Pearls
Copic Markers
Pebbles Chalk Ink
White Gelly Roll Pen
Bazzil Cardstock
Dear Lizzy Neapolitan Paper 

Here is the guidelines for this challenge:

1.  Create a new paper project (card, scrapbook page, 3D item) based on the inspiration photo.
2.  Post your project to your blog or public gallery that directly mentions and links to this challenge here at the Curtain Call.  Feel free to copy and paste the inspiration template in your post; however, it is not required.
3.  Complete the Inlinkz section below using the direct link to your project before the deadline on March 10 at 8:00 AM CST.

The LEAD and Show Stoppers will be chosen by the crew and announced on March 14 at 8:00 AM CST.

Thank you so much for stopping by!!




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Emily. Love the darling bird and the coloring... the layered flower embellishment is so pretty... I also love that banner! Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Color Challenges.

    ReplyDelete