Tuesday, September 30, 2014

My Creative Time: Try Me Tuesday


Today is Try Me Tuesday over on the My Creative Time Blog. We are trying a technique where we create our own stencils with MCT dies. 

So here is what I came up with.



To create my stencil: I used MCT: Stitched Rectangles and More to cut out a small rectangle in heavy white card stock. I then cut out three leaves from MCT: A Thankful Heart Stamp set in the rectangle. I then layered my stencil on another white card stock rectangle and taped it to my cutting mat. Now it was ready to ink.

For my leaves: I used a sponge to color them with Potter's Clay, Dandelion, Tango, and Rhubarb Stalk Memento inks. Then I stamped on the leaves with MCT: Build a Script  in Memento Rich Cocoa ink. I didn't ink the whole stamp up so that way each leaf would look unique to the others.


I stamped the sentiment from MCT: Something to Be Thankful For stamp in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I love this sentiment to the moon and back! It is oh so true! I colored the little heart in with a Dark Red Copic marker.

I matted it with green Recollection's card stock and adhered it to my card base.

I finished it by adding gold sequins.

Well that's my card! I hope I have inspired you to create your own stencils with My Creative Time dies. I had so much fun trying this technique out! I hope you will too!

Please head on over to the My Creative Time Blog to see the rest of the design team's amazing creations!! 

Thank you so much for stopping by! Happy creating!

5 comments:

  1. Your card is so beautiful. WOW girl you really did one outstanding creative job. As I read your recipe I was in awe of what you did and what you used to achieve your look you really did one fine stamping job and love the colors....thanks for all the inspiration I mean I have all of Miss Emma's goodies and I can see so doing this on a LO.
    YOU ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, love the script stamping on the leaves...fab!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily ~ Oh this is GORGEOUS! I LOVE how you used the scripty background then inked those leaves BEAUTIFULLY!!! Gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how the script adds to the leaves. To me the writing looks antique...very much like my grandmother's hand writing. Beautiful job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that sentiment too!! Beautiful card!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete