Monday, November 3, 2014

Peachy Keen Stamps: Stamp on a Happy Face

Hi Peachy friends!! Today I’m sharing a project I created with some super cute 4" Peachy Keen faces. 

We had snow here already and so it inspired me to create these snowman ornaments with my Peachies. 


I snagged these Styrofoam ornaments up at Wally World for .48 cents each. I painted them both with two layers of  Snow White Acrylic paint. 


 I just leave the stamp on the plastic backing so it is easier to maneuver when stamping on a round surface. After you have your image adhered to the Styrofoam make sure it has ample time to dry. If you do not, it will smear all over. 

For the snowman ornament on the top left, I stamped and paper pieced the nose and mouth after I colored them in with Copic Markers. I also added white gel pen accents. 

I wanted it to look like she was catching snowflakes with her tongue. So on her tongue, I stamped a snowflake from PK-19 What's So Funny using Versmark Ink and Recollection's Snow White Embossing Powder.   

For the snowman ornament on the bottom right, I stamped and paper pieced the nose and mouth. I accented the nose with a Copic Marker and a white gel pen.

I inked both of their cheeks with Inkadinakado Chalk ink.

For their adorable little Christmas hats, I found socks for a $1 at the Dollar General Store and glued them onto the Styrofoam ornaments with a Hot Glue Gun. I then cut a small hole for the ribbon to come back through so they could still hang on the tree. 


PKK-06 4″Happy Lash Mouth Open w/ Tongue OutPKK-19 4″ Snow Face with Happy Lashes and Coals for SmilePK-019 What’s So Funny Snowman

Well that's my project!! I had so much fun creating these ornaments with my Peachy Keen Stamps

Thank you so much for stopping by!!

Happy stamping!

-Emily-

P.S.

We still have a great Peachy Keen Stamps challenge going on that we would love for you to join in on the fun!! You can find it here.

Also don't forget to check out all the PKS November Specials!! 

4 comments:

  1. These are so flippin' AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Word! Your ornaments are adorable. Great tips for stamping on Styrofoam. I like the socks for the hats…so very clever. Super job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily ~ OOOMMMGGG!!! You have my address right?? Seriously these are ADORBS and I would TOTALLY buy these!!! EEK!

    ReplyDelete