Wednesday, April 22, 2015

My Creative Time: What A Treat Wednesday

Hi, today is What a Treat Wednesday over on the My Creative Time blog. I created a fun little lollipop holder using the die from the Card Sentiments Stamp set


I love Miss Emma's fabulous lollipop holder die but I thought it would be fun to use this die to create a new lollipop holder for flat lollipops.

I first stamped on the Cartoon Cloud Background using baby blue ink. Then I took an Exacto Knife and cut a slit out in the bottom crease of the card so I could run the lollipop stick through it. 


I then stamped and colored the fun little airplane with Copic markers. Then I added white gel pen accents to the wings and windows. I then cut it out with the coordinating die from the new Thanks for the Lift Stamp set.  I added a large and medium Fun Stitched Cloud to the card and then adhered the airplane on top of them. I then added some silver stars to the clouds.



I stamped on the sentiment also from the Thanks for the Lift Stamp set on to a tag from the Fun Stitched Tag dies. Then I inserted my lollipop and then tied the card with American Crafts Twine. Before you add the lollipop you could add a little message in the center of the card. I added one more little star to the center of the twine bow.  Now I had a cute little way to say thank you with a fun treat! 


I hope I have inspired you to use your MCT dies in a whole new way!! Plus, who doesn't love getting more use out of your great dies!! Thank you so much for stopping by!! Please don't forget to check out all the amazing design team inspiration on Miss Emma's blog



7 comments:

  1. OMG Miss Emily What a super cute idea for a Lollipop treat WOW I love it golly gosh aren't you the super clever and creative one!! You really did come up with lots of fun & fab ideas with Miss Emma's goodies. Your little scene with the airplane is adorable.
    Definitely one super special Thank You treat idea. YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea, Emily! These turned so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea and fabulous way to say thank you with this sweet treat! Perfect for the flat suckers. Clever!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These turned out AWESOME Emily!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So CLEVER and totally ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete