Monday, June 1, 2015

My Creative Time: Scrapping the Little Things

Hi, today is Scrapping the Little Things over on the My Creative Time blog. For my project, I created a Smash Book page of my daughter's first birthday smash cake. She had frosting absolutely every where!! It was so cute to see her have her first cake. 


I first added the little banner using the Fun Stitched Tag dies. Then added the "You make life sweet birthday girl" from the new Sweet Wishes stamp set. I added glossy accents on the word "sweet". 

I then matted my pictures with bright pink Recollection's card stock and then added white gelly roll pen stitched to the edges.

I then created the adorable little cupcake using the stamps and dies from the new Light the Candles stamp and die set.  I added the cutie patootie face to it using a stamp from another new set, You Make Life Sweet. I colored the candle in with Copic markers. I chalked the cheeks and added white gel pen accents. I finished the cupcake's look by adding a cute little American Crafts twine bow. 


I stamped on the fun birthday word art stamp from the new Chalkboard Birthday stamp and die set. I colored in the candles with Copic markers as well. 

I then added some other journal sentiments using the Alpha Pack stamp set. Love having these different options for the alphabet to create your own sayings. 

I added a couple of hearts using the Stitched Layering Hearts and an arrow from the Stitched Round Tab, Arrow, and Tag dies. 

I finished the page by adding a few pearl sequins from my stash. 

Thank you so much for stopping by!! 
For more design team inspiration please head on over to Miss Emma's blog

7 comments:

  1. OMG & LOL OMG what a cutie pie....frosting and definitely a super sweet pic.
    You sure did a super duper outstanding creative job....Love all of your darling ideas to embellish yet letting the pic be the adorable focus of your LO. I just love the way your scrap. Thanks for sharing so made my day and got it off to one super creative start. YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is simply adorable Katie! I love all the MCT goodies you used on this layout but it is the picture of your adorable daughter with the smashed cake everywhere that steals the show! But I am glad I didn't have to clean up that high chair. lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This layout is simply adorable Katie! I love all the MCT goodies you used on this layout but it is the picture of your adorable daughter with the smashed cake everywhere that steals the show! But I am glad I didn't have to clean up that high chair. lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable! The before and after pics are just priceless! Awesome layout, Emly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the before and after pictures and how you decorated the cute cupcake. The hand drawn doodles and sequins are so pretty. Beautiful layout.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your LO is so super ADORABLE!!!!! What a cutie she is!!!!!

    ReplyDelete