Wednesday, December 30, 2015

My Creative Time: What Inspires Me

Hi, today is What Inspires Me Wednesday over on the My Creative Time Blog. I know the holiday is over but I wanted to share what I was inspired to make over the Christmas break. I was watching Frosty The Snowman with my kids and it gave me the idea to create a fun snowman ornament. I love to make homemade ornaments!! This was so fun and easy to make! My kids love to shake it and make it snow!


I found these fun little picture frame ornaments at my local Michaels store. Thankfully it already has an acetate circle in the middle that helped with sizing. I first had to use my Cricut to cut out a larger circle in the red Recollection's card stock. Then I adhered it onto the acetate circle. I used the Bunch of Fun Circles to cut out a smaller circle with the Craft Smith background paper. I then cut out another circle in white Recollection's card stock and cut it with one of the Fun Stitched Edges to look like a snow bank. 

I then cut out the cute little tree from the Seasonal Greetings Stamp set using a dark green Recollection's card stock. I then used a couple other little dies from this set to cut out the star and the ornaments. I used a piece a scrap paper that had the Grainy Wood Background stamped on it to cut out the tree stump. 

The adorable snowman comes from the Snow Buddies Stamp set. I stamped the snowman and then used my scissors to cut him out by hand. I colored the hat, arms, and nose with Copic markers. I paper pieced his scarf and hat ribbon to match the large red circle. I also added the little heart and holly to the snowman. Both are from the Seasonal Greetings Stamp set. 

I added everything onto the ornament circle and then filled it with the fake snow that I purchased at Hobby Lobby last year. I really like how some of the fake snow has stuck to the ornament and it looks like it is snowing inside. 

Thank you so much for stopping by!!

For more design team inspiration please head on over to Miss Emma's blog

6 comments:

  1. OMG Miss Emily WOW!!!! WOW!!!! WOW!!! Your Ornament is absolutely adorable, Fabulous and Amazing!! Love all of your clever and super creative ideas. Great ways you used Miss Emma's goodies. I'm in awe of what you did. WOW!! You truly did a super outstanding creative job!! I love it!!! YOU do ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, you rock! That is so adorable! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a CUTE idea! I LOVE the adorable scene!
    Happy New Year!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ornament is so adorable...how cool the snowman and dies fit so well into it. Fabulous job.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet little ornament! I love this!!!

    ReplyDelete