Tuesday, June 28, 2016

My Creative Time: Favorite Stamp of the Month: Carved Heart

Hi, today is Emma's Favorite Stamp of the Month over on the My Creative Time Blog.

 Today we are featuring another "My Favorite Stamp/Die of the Month!" This month we are featuring one of my FAVE sets...."Carved Heart!" If this set has been on YOUR wish list, you can pick this set up HERE for a discount price! :) This set will be on sale for the entire month of June & will end on June 30th, 2016 @ 12am PST!


I wanted to create a card for my mom who recently had to have surgery to let her know just how much she means to me and how strong she has been through all of this! This carved heart worked out perfectly for the type of message I wanted to send. 

I first stamped the Carved Heart onto Kraft card stock using Versamark ink. Then I sprinkled some glittery embossing powder on top and heated it with my heat gun. I then cut it out with the coordinating die from the set. I wanted the heart to stand out, so I used a Copic marker to color the outside layer. 

I then cut out my card base, red card stock mat, and the background layer for the heart using the Stitched Square Dies. I then stamped the Grainy Wood Background onto the Kraft card stock square cut out using the same technique as the heart. I really love how it shows the stamped image with a bit of sparkle. 


Once I got all of that put together, I cut out the Sentiment Label as well as the Vintage Label and layered them together. I then stamped on the "mom" sentiment from the You Are A Blessing Stamp Set. I accented the sentiment with two little hearts also from the Carved Heart Stamp Set. I wanted them to have a bit of sparkle as well, so I added clear Wink of Stella to them. I then finished the front of the card by adding some white pearl mini sequins.

I then cut out another square in white card stock to add inside of the card and then stamped the sentiment, again from the You Are A Blessing Stamp Set. I happy to say she loved it! This may have not been much but it put a big smile on her face with a few happy tears! A little handmade love can go along way!!


Products Used:
Carved Heart Stamp Set
Stitched Square Dies
Sentiment Label Dies
Vintage Label Dies
Grainy Wood Background Stamp
You Are A Blessing Stamp Set

Versamark Ink
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Recollection's Card Stock
Recollection's Embossing Powder
Copic Marker
White Pearl Mini Sequins
Clear: Wink of Stella




Thank you so much for stopping by!!

For more design team inspiration, please head on over to Miss Emma's blog

2 comments:

  1. OMG Miss Emily What a Gorgeous Card. Love the Kraft and Red together. Great creative ideas for your heart love the embossing and love the way you colored the edge of the heart....and your layers for your sentiment mat. Hope your Mom has a speedy recovery and will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for sharing your card will so make her happy she will love it. You did a super outstanding creative job!! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to look for that sparkle embossing powder...I love how it looks on your card. What a great idea. You Copic marker edge is perfect to show the heart shape more. I hope your Mom will be better soon.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete